Across the country, college seniors have been graduating and ultimately thinking about or entering the workforce. Their choices are fruitful, but many choose to seek an entry-level job in their desired career path. Here’s a snapshot of what entry level jobs look throughout different fields. Data based on salary.com research conducted in April 2017.
Accountant Level One - A median annual salary for an entry level accountant is $49,206 with a range of $44,791 - $54,176.
Business Development Associate - An entry level position in the field of business development boasts a median annual salary of $62,467 with a range of $53,126 - $74,844.
Call Center Representative - A popular job just out of college, a median annual salary for someone entering this industry is $28,224 with a range of $25,081 - $34,623.
Chemical Engineer - The field of engineering has been growing in numbers overall, with those seeking careers in chemical engineer becoming more popular as well. For an entry level job as a chemical engineer, employees can expect a median annual salary of $71,983 with a range of $65,750 - $79,568.
Civil Engineer - The median annual salary for a civil engineer is $65,358 with a range of $59,827 - $73,790.
CopyWriter - Those looking to enter the field of advertising or marketing, may be drawn to this career. An entry level, median annual salary is $47,180 with a range of $42,620 - $53,115.
- An entry level digital marketing analyst or associate can expect to make an annual salary of $52,365 with a range between $45,289 - $59,572.
Electric Engineer - Another popular engineer field for graduates entering the workforce in 2017 is electric engineering. A median annual salary clocks in at $66,155, with a range of $61,606 - $71,668.
Emergency Dispatcher - An emergency dispatcher can expect an median annual salary of $38,035 with salary ranges between $33,227 - $42,237.
Financial Associate - A career in corporate finance can often lead to comfortable living, with a median entry level annual salary of $63,227. Entry level positions can pay anywhere from $60,270 - $72,241.
- A median annual salary for a worker just beginning his or her career in Geology can make anywhere from $42,058 - $51,150, with a median annual salary at $42,567.
- Those with an inclination to helping assist with software and company questions can enter the field of help desk support. An average salary is $41,801, with rates ranging from $37,338 - $46,839.
Human Resources Generalist - Entering the field of human resources can lead entry level associates to a median salary of $53,166 with averages ranging from $47,028 - $59,765.
- The median annual salary for an information security analyst is $58,484, with a current range of $52,603 - $65,941.
- Handling records in this capacity earns entry level professionals an annual median salary of $35,063 with a range between $33,239 - $43,040.
Marketing Associate - Dependent on factors, an entry level marketing associate can make between $42,435 - $56,301 with a median annual salary of $49,186.
Mechanic Technician - The median annual salary for a mechanic tech is $41,312 with a salary range of $35,928 - $47,126.
Payroll Clerk - A payroll clerk can make an annual salary averaging between $36,170 - $46,021, with the annual median salary being $40,781.
- Keeping a company’s relations afloat can earn an entry-level professional an annual salary of $44,031 - $57,743 with a median salary being $48,790.
Quality Assurance Engineer- Pursuing a career in quality assurance can lead to a median annual salary of $60,936 with rates ranging from $53,060 - $66,953.
- Finding other people to fill other jobs can earn a professional anywhere from $50,325 - $65,681 with its average being $57,874.
Safety Technician - How much does a safety tech earn? A salary can range anywhere from $37,271 - $52,091, with its average coming in at $40,750.
- An entry-level software engineer or developer can earn a median annual salary of $64,698 with ranges between $57,022 - $75,704.
- Working as a training specialist can earn its professionals an annual median income of $48,506 with rates between $44,201 - $53,703.
User Experience Developer - Ensuring a quality time on a website or app earns those working in the field an average annual salary of $58,461. Rates from $48,748 - $65,478.
Web Applications Developer - What does someone developing web applications make? An average median income of $57,883 or salaries ranging from $52,817 - $65,957 can be expected from this job.
Want to see what a paycheck would look like based on these numbers? Calculate a check for free here.