Scottsdale, AZ 85260
As a member of the Company’s tax research and support team, the Technical Writer will increase the bandwidth for creation of technical notes and enhance the explanation of our products’ functionality and uses as well as improve announcements for product updates and bug fixes. This position will also document policies and procedures that pertain to the tax research and support functions.
A successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and can work collaboratively with our tax research, support, and development teams. The following is a summary of the primary responsibilities for this position. Other duties may be performed which are not mentioned below and specific activities may change from time to time.
Prepare well-structured drafts using current word processing and publishing technology platforms.
- Organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Create content including technical bulletins, installation instructions and procedures.
- Work well both independently and with others in a team environment
- Proofread written documents before publication.
- Learn Symmetry’s products and be able to effectively communicate and engage customers through release notes.
- Other duties, as assigned.
1-2 years of software application technical writing experience
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Software documentation a plus
Required Skills & Mindsets:
Excellent written and oral communication skills reflected in writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to deliver clear, concise documentation with strong attention to detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural narrative
- Solid organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or applicable publishing experience in related field
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at Symmetry Software:
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our family-owned and -operated business is collaborative, fun, and friendly. We offer the opportunity to work with all kinds of positions across the company, from the CEO to support to sales and everything in between.
About Our Work:
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 95%+ customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.