We are looking for a highly detail-oriented, self-driven professional to be our Operations Administrator and Executive Assistant. In this role, you will provide the best impression of the services Symmetry Software provides by anticipating and responding to the needs of Symmetry personnel, its customers, and its vendors while maintaining a reliable, personable, team-oriented, and professional disposition. By providing operational, functional, and administrative support to your fellow employees, you will be a critical part of a team that powers payroll systems for millions of working Americans. In addition, executive assistance will be provided to the Chief Executive and Chief Strategy Officers on a day-to-day basis. All responsibilities will require a thorough knowledge of Company operations, policies, and procedures and will include handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
So how will you know if you are right for this role?
First, you make things happen. You don't get overwhelmed easily and take personal responsibility for the success of your work whether it requires managing back-end processes, engaging with a team, or setting up others to execute effectively. You take pride in your integrity and follow-through on tasks. People would describe you as dependable and driven – they know when they ask you to do something, it’s as good as done. You consistently seek out feedback from diverse sources to learn and improve, you drive your professional development with purpose and focus on outcomes, and you have a knack for devising, implementing, and investing others in systems that improve individual and team performance.
Second, you’re a people person. You forge strong, trusting relationships with diverse groups of people. You’re empathetic and intuitive; you often know what people need or want before they do. You’re socially flexible and know how to attune and calibrate your interactional style depending on the environment, audience, or context. You are fueled by collaborating and working to make others efficient and effective. You are passionate about creating a thriving, inclusive, and connected culture amongst a group of people and believe it is mission critical to achieving short- and long-term success.
Thirdly, you’re a jack of all trades. You’re flexible. You know a little bit about a lot of things and if you don’t know, you’re quick to learn. You're willing to help wherever needed and thrive in a face-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You are a resourceful, results oriented team-player with a positive “can do” attitude. You are skilled at managing complexity and adjust course easily and quickly when things fall off track. You’re not thrown off by feedback (in fact, you thrive on it) and are able to incorporate and turn it around quickly.
Lastly, you love details. You notice things that other people don’t. You approach each task you lead with an eagle-eye towards details and anticipate every step and possible misstep in the process. It makes you incredibly (maybe unreasonably) happy when things fit together just right and projects and plans have been laid out down to the last detail.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, employees, and/or vendors.Represent the company with the building office manager and property manager to troubleshoot office issues and coordinate repair work.Quickly resolve office-related malfunctions and alert impacted office employees on anticipated resolution timeframe.
- Serve as the frontline greeter for office visitors, providing general support and customer service.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the front lobby, conference rooms, personal desk area and any other shared team spaces throughout the office.
- Develop systems to ensure that all office and kitchen supplies and equipment are well-stocked and functional.
- Manage the office mail, packages, and faxes, using judgment to sort, distribute, and open incoming mail, packages and faxes, as appropriate. Ensure outgoing items are sent in a timely fashion.
- Answer and effectively direct incoming phone calls. Maintain and routinely publish a list of employee phone extensions.
- Provide event coordination for quarterly team outings and company-wide events through participation in the Company's culture development group. Organize and order food for weekly company breakfasts and lunches and/or other special events held throughout the year.
- Help track and organize team events, birthdays, anniversaries, and company awards. Manage office shared calendars ensuring they are always up-to-date and that employees have access to them.
- Coordinate various Human Resource initiatives, including management of applications for open positions, resume administration, routing to appropriate hiring personnel, and the scheduling of interviews. Assist in scheduling and coordinating new employee onboarding.
- Conduct regular training activities for new and existing employees on office operations, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management to assist in the business operations of the office and increase operational efficiencies.
- Coordinate lead identification/targeting with Sales and Marketing teams by gathering information and directing leads to appropriate sales personnel.
- Ensure accounts receivables for enterprise accounts are handled in a timely and efficient manner while working with the Sales department to ensure the CRM application is up to date on all collection activities. Inform management of status.
- Assist Sales team with customer quotations, accurate data and order entry, customer correspondence, and targeted marketing campaigns all while providing excellent customer service.
- Serve as a portfolio manager who coordinates communications with enterprise and house accounts.
- Provide exemplary administrative support to the executives by scheduling meetings and conference calls, maintaining calendars and contacts, arranging travel, processing expense reports and receipts, securing necessary resources and information, and executing on special projects.
- Contribute to and maintain the administrative and executive department’s electronic filing system.File, scan, copy, and shred documents, as appropriate.
- 2-3 years of professional experience required
- 2-3 years of experience in an office operations, administrator, or similar role preferred
Required Skills & Mindsets:
- Exceptional organization skills and unwavering attention to detail. You notice things that other people don’t.
- Genuine excitement for behind-the-scenes work and using efficiency and support of others to achieve collective goals
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with hyper attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and in teams
- Strong judgment and ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion
- Intermediate proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
- Self-driven, conscientious, fast learner and iterator, seeker of feedback
- Passionate about using technology to keep records and communication trails
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma with equivalent experience
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Symmetry Software:
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our work environment is collaborative, fun, and friendly.
About Our Work:
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 96% customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.