Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Are you a detail-oriented lover of systems and processes? Do you thrive in dynamic, collaborative environments? If so, we are looking for someone like you to be our Controller.
Our systems and processes are well established and documented. It will be your job to keep us on track, while making recommendations to management about where we can improve. Software industry and NetSuite experience are highly recommended. A good understanding of revenue recognition is helpful.
Symmetry Software has been in business since 1984 and has earned a reputation for designing innovative products and delivering the highest level of service in the payroll industry. We believe the key to a great company is building a great team of professionals. If you are someone who isn't afraid to work hard and who understands the meaning of trust, you may be a great fit for our organization.
Accounting and Finance Functions
- Overseeing all financial operations and directing corporate financial planning.
- Coordinating, analyzing, and reporting the financial and operating performance to management.
- Overseeing financial review and tax functions, coordinating activities with outside accounting and review firm to complete annual projects. Determining nexus locations in conjunction with outside accounting firm.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining accounting policies, controls, processes, and procedures for activities including financial accounting and reporting.
- Determining depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advising management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Establishing relationships with banks and other financial institutions. Managing credit and regular account needs.
- Ensuring that periodic bank account and credit card reconciliations are completed.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts and an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Supervising accounting and administrative staff.
- Overseeing sales tax collection and reporting procedures in conjunction with sales tax software provider and accounting firm.
- Managing accounting automation projects as needed.
- Coordinating with department heads to manage the corporate budget.
- Coordinating the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommending benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Preparing short-term and long-term financial forecasts and financial performance reports for use with management and external parties in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Calculating variances from the budget and reporting significant issues to management.
- Providing other ad-hoc financial analyses as needed, for example, for pricing decisions, contract negotiations, etc.
HR and Other Administrative Functions
- Processing payroll. Updating benefit enrollment information and processing new employee onboarding.
- Assisting management with research for HR activities such as employee benefits, retirement plans, corporate insurance, and other related activities.
- Advising management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Software industry experience and revenue recognition experience.
- NetSuite experience or similar accounting software experience.
- 3-5 years as a Controller or Assistant Controller
- Payroll industry experience.
- Experience managing a small staff of accounting and administrative specialists.
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and GAAP.
- A positive attitude with a desire to grow and learn.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills, with strong organization and prioritization abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred.
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our work environment is collaborative, fun, and friendly.
About Our Work
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Wal-Mart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 96% customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of- the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.