Apply for Software Development Engineer in Test
Symmetry Software is a leader in payroll tax determination and withholding solutions that empower some of the largest payroll providers in the US. It’s estimated that our solutions touch over 64 million paychecks each year! Our mission is to simplify the payroll process with our dependable and accurate tax withholding solutions that our customers can rely on.
What we are looking for
Our quality assurance team is looking for a software development engineer who is passionate about product quality and automated testing. You will work with an agile development team and be responsible for developing test scripts, integration tests, and functional tests for applications written in Java/Python/Node and front-end frameworks such as React/Angular. We follow Agile and Continuous Integration (CI) principles and would like someone who is a self-motivated, passionate about making an impact, and can execute in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing unit, integration, functional, and end-to-end tests.
- Working collaboratively with a distributed and tight-knit team.
- Creating reliable, high-performing automated tests that can run tens of thousands of tests multiple times per day.
- Using data and analytics to improve our products and analyze metrics from test, deployment, and performance data to continuously improve the quality of test suites.
- Participating in product engineering meetings, design and code reviews, peer programming, and automated testing.
- Working across QA, Development, UX, and Product Support teams to understand big picture ideas/concepts to ensure complete testing coverage.
Experience & requirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related field.
- 3+ years of professional automation testing experience in Agile environment.
- Experience in creating test automation frameworks.
- Experience building automation that tests for depth and scale.
- Experience with build pipelines (Continuous Integration) and consistently finding ways to improve testing run times.
- Proficiency in tracing code to determine application behavior and variable values.
- History of learning new product domains and technologies on the fly.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic Agile environment and participate in all aspects of our Agile process.
- Experience with current testing frameworks such as REST Assured, TestNG, Selenium and others.
- Bonus if you have familiarity with Visual Studio IDE and/or Visual Studio Code.
Required skills & mindsets:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong work ethic supported by solid time-management skills.
- Professional and team-oriented contributor.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Ability to respect and handle diversity amongst staff and office environments.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services.
- Ability to get into the nitty gritty of how a product works and verify its functionality.
Submit your resume!
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our family-owned and -operated business is collaborative, fun, and friendly. We offer the opportunity to work with all kinds of positions across the company, from the CEO to support to sales and everything in between.
About our products
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 95%+ customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.
No Agencies Please! Local Candidates Preferred!