Apply for Software Developer – Cloud Platforms
Symmetry Software is a leader in payroll tax determination and withholding solutions that empower some of the largest payroll providers in the US. It’s estimated that our solutions touch over 64 million paychecks each year! Our mission is to simplify the payroll process with our dependable and accurate tax withholding solutions that our customers can rely on.
We run all our solutions in the cloud using the latest technologies that AWS has to offer! Our infrastructure processes are mature, automated, and monitored! This is an amazing opportuning to work in a great environment that most engineers strive to be a part of!
What we are looking for
Our software development team is looking for a cloud platforms software engineer to help expand our products and migrate them to the latest cloud technologies. You will work with an agile development team and be responsible for developing applications, tools, and end-to-end solutions using languages such as Java/Python/Node and front-end frameworks such as React/Angular. This is a high-impact role that will help shape the success of Symmetry’s tools and platforms in the cloud.
What you’ll be doing
- Leveraging your software development skills and your AWS cloud platform experience to provide architectural guidance and best practices for applications and service designs
- Evaluating and developing solutions using core AWS services while understanding the costs associated with alternate approaches
- Working with serverless, micro-services, containers, and distributed architectures
- Writing scalable, highly available, and high-performing cloud applications
- Automating the deployment of AWS services using Terraform and CI/CD tooling such as TeamCity/Jenkins/Ansible
- Creating front-end application features leveraging frameworks such as React or Angular
- Adding code for new features and functions to core applications
- Ensuring code quality with functional and unit tests
- Analyzing and identifying code problems; debugging code as required
- Maintaining/enhancing existing web-based services and applications
Experience & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of progressive technical experience as a software engineer building distributed applications or solutions
- 1+ years of cloud computing experience using publicly available services (preferably AWS)
- Experience consuming and/or designing RESTful services
- Strong foundation in data structures, software designs, micro services, containers, and serverless architecture
- Practical experience writing reasonably complex software in an object-oriented, strictly typed, compiled programming language (e.g., Java, C+, .Net, etc.)
- SQL and fundamentals of relational database design (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience using, developing, and deploying to cloud providers using Terraform
- Experience with Agile development, continuous integration, and DevOps culture
- Experience using Agile engineering tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience with version control/source code management systems (Bitbucket, Gerrit)
- Experience with formal build and release management workflows, tools (e.g., TeamCity/Jenkins), and activities
Required skills & mindsets:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong work ethic supported by solid time-management skills
- Professional and team-oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to respect and handle diversity amongst staff and office environments
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services
- Ability to get into the nitty-gritty of how a product works and clearly communicate its value
Submit your resume!
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our family-owned and -operated business is collaborative, fun, and friendly. We offer the opportunity to work with all kinds of positions across the company, from the CEO to support to sales and everything in between.
About our products
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 95%+ customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.
No Agencies Please!