Apply for Software Developer
We are looking for a software developer who is dedicated and passionate about delivering world class products that have a far-reaching impact. This role will work across several Symmetry products and services such as authentication platforms and tax determination services. This role requires a high level of curiosity and a sense of ownership for the code you write.
You will work closely with team members across the organization including the product development team, research and support, quality control, customer success and marketing.
Primary Responsibilities & Experience:
- Adding code for new features and functions to core applications
- Ensuring code quality with extensive unit testing and version control
- Analyzing and identify code problems; debug code as required
- Maintaining web-applications and associated web services
- Practical experience writing reasonably complex software in Java/NodeJS/Python
- Experience using, developing, and deploying on Linux & Microsoft including scripting using bash
- Experience with version control / source code management systems (Bitbucket, Jira)
Experience & requirements:
- 1+ years of knowledge designing and building solutions using Java and web technologies
- Software development experience in Java programming language
- Software development exposure/understanding of Spring/Spring Boot
- Exposure to React/Angular a plus
- Exposure to Agile development, continuous delivery, and interacting with DevOps
Required Skills & Mindsets:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong work ethic supported by solid time-management skills
- Professional and team oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to respect and handle diversity amongst staff and office environments
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services
- Ability to get into the nitty gritty of how a product works and passion to continuously improve it
- Prior experience of 1 - 3 years in software development preferred, but not mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a plus but not required
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software:
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our family-owned and -operated business is collaborative, fun, and friendly. We offer the opportunity to work with all kinds of positions across the company, from the CEO to support to sales and everything in between.
About our products
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 95%+ customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month