Apply for Senior Software Developer
Symmetry Software is a leader in payroll tax determination and withholding solutions that empower some of the largest payroll providers in the US. It’s estimated that our solutions touch over 64 million paychecks each year! Our mission is to simplify the payroll process with our dependable and accurate tax withholding solutions that our customers can rely on.
We run all our solutions in the cloud using the latest technologies that AWS has to offer! Our infrastructure processes are mature, automated, and monitored! This is an amazing opportuning to work in a great environment that most engineers strive to be a part of!
What we are looking for
Our engineer team is looking for a senior software engineer and architect to help expand our products and services to the entire payroll industry. You will work with an agile development team and be responsible for designing and architecting applications, tools, and end-to-end solutions using languages such as Java/Python/Node and front-end frameworks such as React/Angular. This is a high-impact role that will help shape the success of Symmetry’s tools and platforms in the cloud.
What you’ll be doing
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine Symmetry’s product suite.
- Use data and rapid experimentation to gain insights and improve our products and tools.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base.
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily.
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
- You are not limited to working on old codebases. Most of our work uses the latest front end/backend technologies within the cloud. Our tech stack is based on using the best tool for the job.
Experience & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of progressive technical experience as a software engineer/architect building distributed applications or solutions.
- Experience consuming and/or designing RESTful services.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex product development problems.
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers.
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment.
- Strong foundation and previous architect experience in data structures, software designs, micro services, containers, and serverless architecture.
- Practical experience writing reasonably complex software in an object oriented, strictly typed, compiled programming language (e.g., Java, C+, .Net, etc.).
- SQL and fundamentals of relational database design (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience with Agile development, continuous integration, and DevOps culture.
Required skills & mindsets:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong work ethic supported by solid time-management skills
- Professional and team oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to respect and handle diversity amongst staff and office environments
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services
- Ability to get into the nitty gritty of how a product works and clearly communicate its value
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our family-owned and -operated business is collaborative, fun, and friendly. We offer the opportunity to work with all kinds of positions across the company, from the CEO to support to sales and everything in between.
About our products
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 95%+ customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.
No Agencies Please!