Apply for Sales Director
Symmetry Software is a fast-paced software firm that is the leader in U.S. Payroll tax technology. Our fully integrated suite of payroll tax APIs and software tools allows companies to ensure employee and employer taxes are correctly calculated and managed, touching over 64 million paychecks each year.
This role will be responsible for leading our growing sales team and defining and driving our sales strategy as we accelerate our growth. As the Sales Director, it will be your job to coach and develop our team of account executives as they identify, qualify, cultivate, negotiate, close, and ultimately steward major deals across many sectors: payroll, technology, financial services, large employers, and more. The Sales Director will collaborate with our Marketing and Client Success teams to develop scalable systems and processes to allow Symmetry to pursue and close new business opportunities and drive revenue within our sales prospects, accelerating growth rates and building a scalable roadmap for the future.
As the leader of Symmetry’s sales team, you will have direct impact on Symmetry’s ability to deliver our payroll tax tools in pursuit of our vision to touch every American paycheck with accurate withholding and will be a part of the team driving Symmetry’s growth.
If you have a passion for consultative sales, a collaborative spirit of engagement, and a passion for SAAS payroll products, this may be your next great opportunity. This is an incredible leadership role that will help us re-write our sales playbook and establish the tools to take our products aggressively into the future.
- Accurately forecast and manage a strong pipeline of new business opportunities and develop repeatable sales processes and procedures with your direct reports.
- Track, measure, and report on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary to achieve sales objectives.
- Assess and enhance process improvements with the intention to shorten the sales cycle and close deals more efficiently.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to refine lead targeting, messaging, qualification, and opportunity hand-off.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Symmetry’s products and services and how they meet clients’ varying use cases.
- Help to revamp the department’s training program, taking a lead in creation, development and implementation of new sales education programs specifically tailored to Symmetry’s products.
- Prepare and deliver targeted presentations of Symmetry’s products and services, selling value as well as technical features.
- Keep a pulse on competitive offerings and clearly communicate Symmetry Software points of differentiation; communicate findings with Sales team and Executive management.
- Network within the payroll and HCM industry as a Symmetry Software representative, communicating client views and pain points to broader Symmetry leadership.
- Actively increase knowledge about the payroll and human resource industries and about Symmetry products and services.
- Hire, develop, and manage a growing, high-performing sales team.
- Coach Account Executives as they work to discover client’s needs, answer questions, and find solutions to their challenges.
- Use data to inform decision-making and focus areas ranging from skill development (e.g. coaching conversations) to team initiatives.
- 10+ of experience in consultative sales or similar role in payroll or HCM technology firms.
- Management experience required, experience within a SAAS environment highly preferred.
- Experience with scaling high growth organizations, leading through change while inspiring teams across multiple types of sales.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to build infrastructure in a high growth environment.
- Understanding of how to best manage a full pipeline of prospects and moving leads through the sales pipeline including a strong track record of closing enterprise-level deals and exceeding quota.
- Strong persuasion skills with a strong sales process discipline.
- Strong relationship builder, skilled at leading and aligning large cross-functional teams to drive scale, including marketing and product.
- Significant experience in customer-facing roles and general account management.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
Required Skills & Mindsets:
- Strong relationship builder, skilled at leading and aligning cross-functional teams to drive scale.
- People-centered leader who is capable of operating strategically but is also willing to roll up his/her sleeves to lead alongside his/her direct reports.
- Outstanding listener: to the prospect, client, and other Symmetry teammates.
- Excellent influencer and facilitator with a comfort leading group discussions towards desired outcomes.
- Must know how to build and implement systems, getting buy-in from direct reports.
- Team orientation and eagerness to collaborate on challenges, share best practices, and learn from other members of the sales, marketing, and client success teams.
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to handle a large volume of sales activity and many moving parts at one time.
- Fast learner eager to self-study and seek out resources.
- Passion for using technology to keep records, research, and communication trails with an understanding of the importance of clean data.
- Self-motivation and self-management skills.
- Organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Mathematical aptitude including data analysis skills, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to draw insights that lead to action.
- Flexibility and eagerness to try new approaches, continuously learn and develop, and adapt to challenges.
- Technical experience with REST APIs, XML/JSON, and/or development languages.
- Experience with Postman and SOAPUI for product demonstrations.
- Experience in the payroll industry—selling, consulting, processing, etc.
- Channel and/or partner sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software:
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our work environment is collaborative, fun, and friendly.
About Our Work:
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 96% customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.