Apply for Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps)
Symmetry Software is a leader in payroll tax determination and withholding solutions that empower some of the largest payroll providers in the US. It’s estimated that our solutions touch over 64 million paychecks each year! Our mission is to simplify the payroll process with our dependable and accurate tax withholding solutions that our customers can rely on.
We run all our solutions in the cloud using the latest technologies that AWS has to offer! Our infrastructure processes are mature, automated, and monitored! This is an amazing opportunity to work in a great environment that most engineers strive to be a part of!
What we are looking for
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will design, build, and own the systems underlying everything that Symmetry does in service of our customers as well as our staff. Our area of responsibility and expertise has enormous leverage: engineering decisions we make today will enable Symmetry to grow seamlessly far into the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and own the platform underlying all Symmetry products and services
- Respond to incidents related to scaling challenges, security concerns, and use those experiences to continually improve our system holistically
- Contribute to the continual evolution of our core infrastructure architecture, which we run on AWS using Docker (ECS), Lambda, and EC2 and manage with Terraform and Ansible
- Work with product engineering teams to determine the best way to meet our customers’ needs
- Design, build, and maintain critical services, job pipelines and systems across Symmetry’s engineering teams
- Work on systems critical to Symmetry which determine and calculate payroll tax withholding for millions of Americans
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience working hands-on with production systems, or other demonstrable experience involving constant risk/reward tradeoffs.
- Experience with modern infrastructure tooling, e.g. container orchestration, cloud providers, and infrastructure as code tools.
- Candidates who value maintainability over cleverness.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Fast and enthusiastic learner with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of the payroll industry and Symmetry Software products and services
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our family-owned and -operated business is collaborative, fun, and friendly. We offer the opportunity to work with all kinds of positions across the company, from the CEO to support to sales and everything in between.
About our products
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 95%+ customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.
No Agencies Please!