Apply for Director of Customer Experience
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
The Director of Customer Experience will lead our Customer Experience team comprised of the Software Support team and the Customer Success team. With a passion for delivering excellent support to customers and driving value for the country’s largest players in payroll and HR, this role will enable clients to realize their business objectives by utilizing Symmetry Software’s products, tools, and resources. Working across all areas of the company from tax research to software development to marketing and sales, the Director of Customer Experience must be a highly effective communicator and collaborator and be motivated by serving others. The Director of Customer Experience will be a champion of one of the main hallmarks of the Symmetry Software brand, that is, we provide an excellent and unparalleled customer experience.
- Design and implement support channels and programs by customer segment to meet differentiated customer needs, including those of Symmetry’s largest and most strategic partners.
- Create standardized and documented internal processes that are cross-functional and efficient to enable highly productive software support and customer success teams.
- Enhance existing customer self-service offerings and build new ones.
- Measure the performance of the support organization through balanced score cards/customer health checks, and other KPIs.
- Design and implement a customer satisfaction score program to gauge Symmetry’s progress towards customer care objectives and goals.
- Create a knowledge management plan to drive content delivery decisions.
- Oversee Symmetry’s technical writing efforts including timely release notes, new and existing product documentation, and internal knowledge documentation.
- Lead and organize Symmetry’s Customer Advisory Group.
- Provide coaching and professional development to team members to enhance their knowledge, skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Together with development, detail business requirements and select tools for the future state of technology that enable the support teams at Symmetry.Create and maintain our content-driven training program for internal Symmetry employees and customers.
- Serve as a change management champion for both Symmetry and our customers, continuously planning improvement.
- Define, develop, and ensure an outstanding internal support and customer success analyst experience.
- Create goals for individual and team development, personally guiding and mentoring support team and customer success leads, and their teams.
- Serve as Senior escalation point for critical support issues that need collaboration from other areas of the business.
Required skills and mindsets
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical, problem resolution, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service and external and internal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and transfer knowledge clearly and effectively in both a technical and non-technical manner.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in a team oriented environment where customer service and timely response is paramount.
- Ability to drive consensus across organization boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Hyper level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled at building strong relationships with customers through effective communication, professionalism, and resolution of issues.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years in a high-impact customer-facing operations role at a software company.
- Experience managing a customer support and/or customer success organization strongly recommended.
- Strong track record of driving programs, transformative change, and a customer-first culture throughout an organization.
- Experience using Netsuite, Salesforce, Zendesk (or similar case management software) and JIRA.
- Experience in establishing robust self-help channels such as Knowledge Content Libraries for customers to self serve.
- Experience developing and implementing processes, SLAs, and metrics.
- Extensive knowledge of computers systems and software, as well as a solid understanding of technology applications.
- Previous payroll experience highly recommended.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Experience in cloud computing and/or enterprise software highly preferred.
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our work environment is collaborative, fun, and friendly.
About Our Work
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 96% customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of- the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.