Apply for Billing & Accounts Receivable Specialist
Symmetry Software is a fast-paced software firm that is the leader in U.S. Payroll tax technology. Our fully integrated suite of payroll tax APIs and software tools allows companies to ensure employee and employer taxes are correctly calculated and managed, touching over 64 million paychecks each year.
This role will be responsible for executing the billing process for all of Symmetry’s customers including all related invoice and billing inquiries/concerns. As the Billing & Accounts Receivable Specialist, it will be your job to lead the Quote-to-Cash cycle end to end, which includes customer billing, collections efforts, cash application, and customer account reconciliations. In addition, this role will serve as the point of contact regarding subsequent renewal activity.
As a member of Symmetry’s accounting team, you will have direct impact on Symmetry’s ability to deliver our payroll tax tools in pursuit of our vision to touch every American paycheck with accurate withholding and will be a part of the team driving Symmetry’s growth.
If you have a passion for details and thrive in a fast-faced environment, this may be your next great opportunity.
- Prepare and process monthly billings to ensure client invoices are accurate, consistent with contractual requirements and issued on a timely basis
- Research and resolve billing, credit and accounts receivable issues
- Ensure sales tax is properly filed by paid by Symmetry’s integrated third-party provider
- PO attainment, invoicing, and collections cycle
- Maintain master billing schedule of reoccurring revenue with highest level of accuracy and assist in transitioning the schedule to be maintained and managed in NetSuite
- Process client billings according to sales contracts
- Obtain purchase orders or facilitate getting assistance in securing purchase orders that properly reflect the terms of the contract
- Calculate CPI and other annual increases and apply to renewal invoices
- Provide feedback, insights, and best practices to help improve billings & collections
- Contact slow-paying customers via phone and email to collect past due balances and manage AR aging
- Manage A/R Aging and reporting
- Manage customer ACH and credit card payments
- Manage month-end and quarter-end revenue close, including AR, unbilled and deferred revenue entries, reconciliations, and related fluctuation analysis
- Interface with internal customer service and support organizations on customer inquiries
- Assess current billing operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and assist with implementing new processes
- Collaborate with team members in AP to assist with ad-hoc projects and miscellaneous tasks
- Elevate issues in a timely manner after gaining a thorough understanding & researching a solution
- Update the profile in NetSuite for closed customer contracts and lost customers
- Have an understanding of the quote to cash process in an annual renewal cycle
- Passion for “digging into the details,” researching data, and taking the initiative to validate data and make recommendations based on findings
- 3+ years of experience within a SaaS organization focusing on billing and renewals
- Organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Desire and ability to be innovative and build scalable processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, commitment to customer service
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- NetSuite A/R and billing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new technology as we improve processes and grow
- Enthusiastic and energetic individual with a strong work ethic
- Team oriented with willingness to work effectively with others to resolve issues
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software:
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our work environment is collaborative, fun, and friendly.
About Our Work:
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 96% customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.