Apply for Account Executive
Symmetry Software is a fast-paced software firm that is the leader in U.S. Payroll tax technology. As an Account Executive, it will be your job to identify, qualify, cultivate, negotiate, close, and ultimately steward major deals across many sectors: payroll, technology, financial services, large employers, and more.
As an Account Executive, you will collaborate with our Marketing and Client Success teams to pursue and close new business opportunities and drive revenue within our sales prospects.
You will have direct impact on Symmetry’s ability to deliver our payroll tax tools in pursuit of our vision to touch every American paycheck with accurate withholding. A focus on solving client’s pain points and providing them with the best solution for their needs is essential.
You'll be a part of the team driving Symmetry’s growth. By focusing on finding prospects and developing and building strong, long-lasting relationships with companies that use Symmetry Software technology, you’ll be ensuring that workers get paid accurately every payday.
If you have a passion for consultative sales, a collaborative spirit of engagement, and a passion for SAAS payroll products, you may be a great fit for Symmetry Software.
- Attract and develop relationships with prospective new accounts and seek business expansion opportunities with current clients.
- Develop a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct and indirect customer contact and prospecting.
- Communicate regularly with current and prospective clients to discover their needs, answer questions, and find solutions to their challenges.
- Prepare and deliver targeted presentations of Symmetry’s products and services, selling value as well as technical features.
- Keep a pulse on competitive offerings and clearly communicate Symmetry Software points of differentiation.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Symmetry’s products and services and how they meet clients’ varying use cases.
- Coordinate with engineering and software support to address clients’ needs throughout the sales process.
- Track activities and sales touch points in our CRM and update client profiles for broader company awareness.
- Network within the payroll and HCM industry as a Symmetry Software representative.
- Actively increase knowledge about the payroll and human resource industries and about Symmetry products and services.
- Respond to requests for proposals and general prospective client requests.
- Experience actively managing a full pipeline of prospects and moving leads through the sales pipeline.
- A strong track record of closing enterprise-level deals and exceeding quota.
- Strong history of prospecting and cultivating new leads and prospects.
- Significant experience in customer-facing roles and general account management.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills.
- Minimum of five years of experience in consultative sales or similar role in payroll or HCM technology firms
Required Skills & Mindsets
- Outstanding listener: to the prospect, client, and other Symmetry teammates.
- Excellent facilitator with a comfort leading group discussions towards desired outcomes.
- Excellent influencer with an ability to communicate with empathy with both technical and non-technical prospects, clients, and Symmetry Software employees.
- Team orientation and eagerness to collaborate on challenges, share best practices, and learn from other members of the sales, marketing, and client success teams.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to handle a large volume of sales activity and many moving parts at one time.
- Fast learner eager to self-study and seek out resources.
- Passion for using technology to keep records, research, and communication trails with an understanding of the importance of clean data.
- Self-motivation and self-management skills.
- Organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Mathematical aptitude including data analysis skills, both qualitative and quantitative, in order to draw insights that lead to action.
- Content and social media savvy.
- Flexibility and eagerness to try new approaches, continuously learn and develop, and adapt to challenges.
- Technical experience with REST APIs, XML/JSON, and/or development languages.
- Experience with Postman and SOAPUI for product demonstrations.
- Experience in the payroll industry—selling, consulting, processing, etc.
- Channel and/or partner sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Submit your resume!
If you feel that you have adequate experience and would be a good fit for our company culture, apply now by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Working at Symmetry Software
Being happy at a job goes beyond just doing the work. Where you choose to spend 40 hours a week should be a place that challenges you professionally and aligns with your personal goals and well-being. We truly love what we do, and our customers love what we produce. Our work environment is collaborative, fun, and friendly.
About Our Work
Our products make sure millions of paychecks are right, no matter where people live or work in the U.S. We simplify the payroll process with accurate and dependable payroll withholding tax solutions. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, like Walmart and Southwest Airlines, and leading payroll service providers, including ADP and Paychex. With a 96% customer retention rate, our products always have to be top-of-the-line, and so do our employees.
Symmetry Software is also the company behind the popular website PaycheckCity.com, which helps millions of Americans better understand their paychecks every month.